Posted on: 17 April 2015Share
Hot tubs are great to have, but they do require maintenance and repairs from time to time. When you first get your hot tub, you will have to learn how to take care of it and how to keep the water safe and clean. Over time, you might experience some problems with clogs in the jets. While this is normal, there are things you can do to prevent this and fix it if it happens.
Why this happens
It's very common for the jets in hot tubs to get clogged simply from the water you have at your house. Water tends to have minerals in it, and these minerals are often in the form of particles. The problem with this is that the particles can get trapped in the lines, causing the jets to have trouble spraying like they should be.
Ways to prevent this
There are several different steps you can take that may help you avoid this problem with your hot tub, including:
- Installing a water filtration system – With a filtering system, the water that enters your hot tub will be cleaned before it enters in. By cleaning it, the mineral particles are removed, leaving the water cleaner and safer for your hot tub.
- Cleaning the filters – Most hot tubs have filter cartridges in them, and these can be removed and cleaned out from time to time. These filters will remove many of the particles a water filtration system does not remove, but they will need to be cleaned.
- Using filter cleaner – Another good step to take is to use filter cleaning solution. This will also help the filters stay clean, and this should help you prevent clogs in your jets.
If you follow these tips, you may be able to prevent most clogs with your system; however, a clog can still form even if you take all necessary precautions.
Ways to fix the problem
The best way to fix this type of problem is to hire a contractor that offers hot tub maintenance. The contractor will check several things to find out where the problem exists, and he will then perform the necessary steps to fix the problem. Here are some of the options the contractor might use:
- Removing air pockets – If your jets are not pumping water, it could be due to air pockets trapped in the system. The contractor will bleed the system to correct this issue.
- Replacing and cleaning the filter – If the filter is dirty, the contractor will remove it, clean it out, and replace it.
- Checking the pump – There is also a chance that the jets are not working because the pump is broken. If this is the case, the contractor will need to repair or replace the pump in the hot tub.
To learn more about hot tub maintenance, or to get a problem fixed with your hot tub, contact a contractor that offers hot tub repairs and services, such as Kaupas Water.